THE ANSWER IS YOU
Do you consider yourself favored by God? As a child of His, you are.
Did you know that as a child of God, you also get special access and privileges to Him? You do.
Do you realize that you are also hand picked and chosen with a specific purpose on your life?
Today in 1 Kings 20 let’s get our battle plan for faith in fire and strength despite circumstance.
If you are unsure of what your next steps should be, if you are waiting to hear His voice.. I hope this speaks to you!
This is going to be a 3 part blog post.
Here’s Part 1.
In 1 Kings 20, the evil king Ben-Hadad sends word to the king of Israel, Ahab , saying he will send servants to take all of his wives, children, silver and gold. King Ahab agrees to give it all to him. Next, Ben-Hadad says when his servants come to take everything, they will also take everything that their eyes see and consider pleasant. King Ahab gets counsel from his elders and then sends word to Ben-Hadad saying NO.
Because of this, Ben-Hadad threatens war against Ahab and Israel, and in short Ahab basically says bring it on.
- Vs 12: Ben-Hadad gets ready to come attack Israel.
- Vs 13: (This is so good!!!) “Suddenly a prophet approached Ahab king of Israel, saying, “Thus says the Lord: ‘Have you seen all this great multitude? Behold, I will deliver it into your hand today, and you shall know that I am the Lord.’”
- Let’s keep in mind that Ahab wasn’t exactly a noble king, and he was chosen after the rebellion of Israel, but at the same time, God was not going to let His people suffer destruction. Those are His kids, even as disobedient as they may be.
We are loved and chosen by God not because we are good enough but in spite of not being good enough!!Click To Tweet
- Also note why God decides to perform this miracle on behalf of Israel: so they will know that He is the Lord.
- He always desires to show Himself faithful to His children to deepen our faith in Him!
- vs 14: Ahab asks the prophet for a battle plan: exactly who will be the front runner of this mission?
- The prophet gives an answer: The young men over the provinces.
- And then Ahab asks, and who will set the battle in motion?
- The prophet answered with one word: “You.”
The battle is at hand and Ahab was just told that HE IS THE ANSWER. What does that mean for us?
Get ready to jump in the arena for these spiritual takeaways + your battle plan for the trial you are up against:
5 TRUTHS FOR THE BATTLE WE FACE + YOUR BATTLE PLAN
- When someone tries to take what the Lord has given us, we need to defend it (vs 8)
- What someone may mean for evil, God can use for His good and to show His miraculous faithfulness (13)
- Be open to hearing the word that God wants to deliver to you through wise counsel around you (vs 13)
- Ask, and the answer shall be given to you (vs 14)
- Get ready for the answer to the problem you see to be : YOU
How many times do we see things that pull at our heartstrings or create aching or longing to do something? Yet we fall victim to groupthink.
Groupthink: the practice of thinking or making decisions as a group in a way that discourages creativity or individual responsibility.
Example of Groupthink: It is so sad to hear about sex trafficking around the globe. Someone should do something about it.
Example of being an answer to the problem: I can’t stand the atrocity of sex trafficking. I’m going to find out how to make a difference.
Graceful Gladiators, God has opened each of our eyes to see different needs. Maybe you show up to your church and say, they don’t have friendly people greeting everyone who walks in the door. Maybe instead of leaving the church, YOU should be the friendly person greeting everyone who walks through the door.
Maybe you see that same homeless woman carrying oversized heavy bags every morning from point a to point b.
Example of groupthink: Homelessness is so unfortunate. I hope she finds a church that can help her.
Example of being an answer: *Goes to store. Buys wagon for the heavy bags, blanket, and some food. Takes to homeless woman and asks her questions to see how you may be able to help her.*
In this passage, Ahab was being led into battle to defend Israel. What battle are you being led into? What has God asked you to protect and defend?
Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”
GRACEFUL GLADIATOR BATTLE PLAN
- Consider what your battle is in this season of life
- Consider yourself to be the answer
I love the quote “If it’s to be, it’s up to me.” If you are an entrepreneur or business owner, you have probably heard it and understand it very well. No one is going to believe in your ideas the way you do. No one is going to fight for your beliefs the way you should. No one is going to start that non-profit in your heart for you. It’s yours, sister. The answer is YOU!
The insanely amazing thing about this passage is that we learn from it chronologically: how the situation develops and the lessons along the way. Above, you can reflect on the 5 points we took to consider. But now, there is more.
Once you have put your Graceful Gladiator Battle Plan into action, take those exact 5 steps and reverse them for your new battle plan.
Let’s take our 5 steps and now apply them in reverse:
- You now see yourself as the answer to the problem at hand
- Ask for what you need, and the answer shall be given to you (vs 14)
- Be open to hearing the word that God wants to deliver to you through wise counsel around you as you step forward (vs 13)
- Know that when evil comes, God can use for His good and to show His miraculous faithfulness (13)
- Defend the territory God has given you(vs 8)
Graceful Gladiators, this battle plan isn’t easy, but it is simple. I know that in time of battle I can easily let me emotions get in the way, or I let “the way things should be” cloud my vision of what my role is in CHANGING THINGS and being a force for good and a force for God. We can’t get stuck in the trap of idealism, wishing and waiting for everyone to just do the right thing because it’s the right thing. We can only be held accountable for our own actions.
Which means, this battle at hand…. Well…. It’s time to armor up.
Part 2 coming Monday, March 26th. In the meantime, share your takeaways from today’s time in the arena below! I would love to hear your thoughts as it relates to see ourselves as the answer to the battle set before us!
Want To Stay In Touch?
Enter your best email to receive encouragement and scripture in your inbox just when you need it the most!